Sunday, May 31, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to the Scope And Needle. This blog will focus on anything and everything medical laboratory related, from the evaluation of the latest innovations and ethical problems in our field, to the late night musings I have about current practise or medlab culture.

Constructive comments are welcome, as are anecdotes. If you disagree with something I post, please be respectful and clear.

A little about me: I am a medical laboratory scientist working on the beautiful west coast of Canada. I've been in out in the field for five years now, and am working on my ART in Immunology and Hematology via classes at the University of British Columbia and CMSLS. I spent the first few years of working (and my practicum) in the centralized acute care and trauma centre of my region; I was excited to get to work with the state of the art neonatal ward there. I then moved to work at a tertiary care hospital while furthering my education, and have now settled on a position that integrates research with core lab functions, as I continue to take classes and figure out where I'm going.

Picture me as that co-worker with the large smile that has tremedous fun breaking down the immune system's cells into army analogies at the bar, and you've got me down pat.

~Dillen

No comments:

Post a Comment